
Just a little update on things...
Monday, July 7th, following the holiday weekend, Davis started daycare, and now we're through the second week. Things seem to be smoothing out some, though the first week was a little rocky as he had his first "cold", and we were dealing with that, and to add to things, Chris was out of town, which made things all the more difficult. I had to "employ" Beth to get some groceries for us one night because it's just so hard to get him picked up from daycare and home to eat supper before he gets too hungry. Usually by 7pm, he's ready for a bath and his bed. Daycare sure takes alot of energy out of him. By the end of the week, just as we were getting rid of this cold, I discovered he had an external ear infection...also known as "swimmer's ear". We think his constant drooling, and it running down his cheeks when he's laying on his back playing, led to this. That lead to about 4 consecutive sleepless nights for both Davis and mommy (Chris picked a convenient time to leave, didn't he?). Nonetheless we went to the doctor, got some ear drops, and we think things are better now. He is back to sleeping about 10-11 hours stretches during the night again, which is WONDERFUL!
Grandma Judy kept Davis during the weekend in between the 2 weeks Chris was gone, giving me the opportunity to clean my house and cut the grass. It was some much needed and much appreciated "free time". I also had alot of catching up at work to do, so I was able to do that as well. Thanks Grandma Judy!
Chris came home from being at the National Fire Academy for a 2 week class (yes, I said 2 WEEKS--I felt the struggle of what it's like to be a single parent). Chris really enjoyed himself, but he missed Davis and mommy. He got in lots of snuggles with Davis when he got home, and Chris even took Davis swimming today at our neighbor's pool. Davis really enjoys being outside, and in particular, hanging out in the pool.
Thanks for checking in!




2 comments:
Being a single parent is no joke. I don't know how those ladies do it. Thank god we don't have to do it alone or share our husbands with the military, right? Well I'm glad you survived your 2 weeks. Hope to see you again soon!
I must say that Davis resembles with Jon just a bit in some of the pictures! Thanks so much for the pics via snail mail...it's nice to have them on the fridge! See you all soon!!!
Post a Comment