Christmas 2010

Christmas 2010

Watch me GROW!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Watch Me Grow, TOO!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lots of FIRSTS!!!

Well, this week I (Alison) returned to work, and realized quickly how much I loved holding my Davis. It has been nice to return to work and get back into the swing of things with that, but I miss holding and loving on Davis, something I was able to do whenever I wanted to, even just last week. Ashley, our sitter, is wonderful, and Davis really seems to be very comfortable and happy with her.

Davis finally got his 2 month check-up though he was nearly 11 weeks old at the appointment (there were some scheduling problems with our pediatrician). In any event, Davis surprised Chris and I both, at least a little, by weighing nearly 15 pounds now (14 pounds 12 ounces) and having grown 4 inches since he was born. He is in the 90th percentile for both his height and head circumference and in the 95th percentile for his weight. The pediatrician instructed me that he would NOT be able to "sustain" much longer with just formula, and that at the 4 month mark, he ought to be practically "asking" for some solid food. We're so excited about getting to try some foods with him. Part of his 2 month check-up involved immunizations, and of course, he was generally, unhappy with that. He cried for about 5 minutes, though, and then soon realized all was better.

Another first Davis "experienced" was his first overnight stay...which was at Grandma Judy's. I took Davis down to Stantonsburg for his Grandma to finally get the chance to really spend lots of quality time with him. As we guessed, HE LOVED staying with Grandma Judy. She even took him to church Sunday morning, and he was quite the hit. He made it through the entire service, as content as he could be, until right at the end. Evidently he wasn't too keen on taking communion, so he "told" Grandma that he was ready to go. So, they waited outside for Papa the last few minutes of the service.

Finally, Chris, Davis, and I traveled down to Jacksonville the week before I went back to work, to spend the evening with our friends Wally, Leah, and their little "doodle" Parker, who will be celebrating his FIRST birthday in a little under a month from now. We really enjoyed our trip, and it was nice sitting around sharing parenting stories about the boys. We're all excited for the boys to one day get to the point where they recognize each other and get excited to see one another.

Well, I think that's enough of an update for now. I've posted a slideshow of some pictures from the past couple of weeks. As you can see, he's really growing! We promise we're feeding Davis "normal baby formula" (and no cereal), though by the looks of him, you'd think he was chowing down at the local buffet 7 nights a week. He actually doesn't look like such a "chunkster" in person, ahhh..., but who cares...that's just more baby to love anyway!

Love you all! Alison, Chris, & Davis


2 comments:

Wally & Leah Hansen said...

Glad your transition back to work is going well. 1 week down!!! Love the new pictures. He has such a sweet smile!

Anonymous said...

WOW! He is really getting big! We can't wait to get all the kids together. Davis looks a lot like Jackson, Jerica's babe!