Christmas 2010

Christmas 2010

Watch me GROW!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Watch Me Grow, TOO!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Fun Weekend, Ears Update

Davis enjoyed a fun weekend at home with mommy and daddy, and his cousins Jennifer and Jared came to visit. Jen tried to get Davis to cheer for ECU, and she was even teaching him how to toss his "mini ECU football", but it wasn't enough to help the Pirates win--in fact, most of us are not really sure they even showed up to play.

While playing with Jen and Jared, I noticed that the hair was shaggy and long, so much so, that I thought I'd try my hand at his 2nd haircut. Note to self: I'm a physician assistant, not a hairdresser. I did ok, but I nipped his neck by accident, though he really didn't get mad at me surprisingly enough. The haircut didn't turn out half bad. Getting around the ears of a moving baby is tricky though.

Finally, as mentioned previously, Davis is back on antibiotics for ear infections. I took him to see an ENT specialist this past Monday, and I'm so glad that I did. He was wonderful and reassured me I wasn't being a hypervigilant mother...and that we're close to the "time" to intervene with tubes since he'd been suffering with recurrent infection for almost 12 weeks, which is the time that they decide to intervene if hearing loss is present (and for Davis, it is, according to Dr. Albernaz). He's going to see him back in about 3 weeks, re-evaluate his ears, and will likely plan to place tubes at that point unless things have "magically resolved" (his words, exactly). We feel very comfortable with this approach.

Here are some pictures of Davis, Daddy, Mommy, Cousin Jen and Jared, and Aunt Beth...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update and the new pictures, Alison! You have done a remarkable job with this webpage. I can't wait to see Davis' first science project. I bet the baby book looks like an infomercial for the beedazzler! I think you should post a poll about what Davis' favorite rap artist is...
1-Run DMC
2-LL Cool J
3-P Diddy
4-Vanilla Ice

Anonymous said...

Favorite rapper would have to be Run DMC: Davis Michael Cieszko, it fits. I love all the pics it makes me want to squeeze those cheeks. Alison, you know which ones I am talking about.

Anonymous said...

Honestly, he has got to be the most photogenic baby,just look at that smile and those eyes...gosh he's already a heart throb and heart breaker!

Anonymous said...

I love these. I can't wait to have my own.

Anonymous said...

I love these pics. I can't wait to slobber all over Him again.

Jen