CRAWLING: Yes, finally. Or should I say, Dear Lord, what was I thinking hoping he'd hurry up and crawl. I can't turn my head for one second. He has a thing for cords and outlets. It must be a "man" thing. Girls just don't care about those. We have a video, but I can't get it to upload to any video service despite numerous tries. You'll all have to trust us on this one. His first crawl was on January 21, 2009, exactly 10 months after he was born, across the bedroom floor while I was getting ready for work, towards...of all the toys he has to play with....a VACUUM CLEANER we had left out in the corner. If we ever get video uploaded, of course, we'll share it on Blogger. We have a few of him crawling now. It's like he knew how to all along, he just kept it to himself--the learning curve is really steep on crawling. We have also realized just how "not baby proof" our house is.
LEARNING: We can see with certain things we do or ask, that Davis "understands" things whereas before we were certain he was just repeating our actions. If we ask him to put a block in his truck, he'll do it, and if mommy asks him for his binkie, he puts it in my mouth (it's so sweet). He knows to call me "ma-ma" and Chris "daddy" (it's hysterical to hear him say daddy--he does it with this sort of stretched out, strained voice that's kind of "airy" sounding!) Chris has also been able to get him to wave "hello", but thus far, all the rest of us (friends/family) have been unsuccessful, though if daddy asks him to wave at me, he will.
READING: Davis really enjoys reading his little books and his Einstein flashcards. It's fun to see his little hands and feet just "go" while you're reading to him or showing him the flashcards. It's like his outward show of excitement is through the constant movement of his hands/fingers and his toes/feet.
TUBING: Davis evidently really enjoyed his first trip to the SurgiCenter because he decided to clog his tubes just to get new ones. Actually, just the left tube failed, so he had to have a repeat procedure with BIGGER, BETTER, and STRONGER tubes. Must be a "man" thing. He was quite pitiful these past 2 weeks with ongoing ear infections, so we hope yesterday's surgery is the last time we'll have to do this. We are just excited to hopefully get to a full week of sleeping through the night. It hasn't happened consistently for the past 6 months...that's right, we said 6 months. Waking up at 4am stopped being "cute" about 5.5 months ago.
TEETHING: About 3 weeks ago, his first 2 teeth popped through the bottom. They are quite cute. Check them out.
PLAYING: Self-explanatory. Here is a slideshow of Davis and his fan club...




3 comments:
:) he's growing up to fast!
& his teeth are so cute!
Ok crawling, reading, waving, teething and clogged plugs. What else does he want to try and do at once? Those teeth are cute though. Hope to see that crawling video soon. I love a baby crawling. Well let me rephrase I love watching babies crawl around not preventing them from getting into things. Get ready guys the fun has only JUST begun!
Yay for crawling!! I keep thinking we have plenty of time to baby-proof and I know, like you, one day I'll be running around trying to do it in one day. And those two teeth are very cute. Whew! I'm exhausted just from reading everything he's been up to this week--I can't imagine how you must feel :)
Post a Comment